Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DIY project meltdown!!!

OK so this post has no photos, it has no happy comments and nothing that interesting at that. I am DIY'ing our dining room table. It WAS a yellowish wood table for 8 with a bench which I adore and 4 chairs which I do not adore. I took on the task of painting this thing last week. I wanted a black table and white chairs. Done? SSOOOOO not done!

First...the lady at Lowes sold me what I thought was a black brown paint, liquid sandpaper and some brushes. EASY PEASY RIGHT? NOT! the color was sooo not black brown, it was Hersheys chocolate brown. So the next day I went to Home Depot because it was on my way home and bought a beautiful flat black. It looks so good!!! I was really lifting my spirits in thinking that I could do this on my own. SIKE.

OK so yesterday I went and bought what I thought was polyacrylic to top off my table which eneded up being polyurathene! Its a good thing I only painted one side to test!

Now upating you to today...I went BACK to HD to return my product to get the water based one when THE paint guy told me I SHOULD NOT get that kind and should just get lacquer in spray paint form. Either I am the worst spray painter EVER OR this product was not for my project.

It is now 12am, and I have RE liquid sanded & re painted AGAIN. So I am going to bed and getting up in 5 hours for work, and when I get off work I will be going back o LOWES to buy the polyacrylic AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY DIY'N soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment