Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The "SICK" has left the building!!

Oh I feel like I just got my first slap in the face with having 2 kiddos. This past *almost 2 weeks we have been in a battle with this summer bug. First mason got it, and it was just 102 temps & an achey body (i think). So as soon as mas was beginning to feel better and just starting to sleep a lot because those fevers just broke his poor little body down, OF COURSE Cayden had to join in the fun! There are a lot of similarities between these boys. But one major difference is how they cope with being sick...I can already tell! Mason was nearly throwing himself all over the bed, refusing sleep and just being a (sweet) MAD sick boy. I felt sorry for his big brother because he was requiring so much of my undivided attention.
                                   happy M, post bug                     sad M, during bug.

We were honestly already having really funny talks with C about how every part of his body had a "boo boo", just so he could get more attention. He even broke out the temporal digital thermometer because he was sick (per Dr Cayden). UNTIL I got home from work about 4 days ago...and I noticed some rosey cheeks. My first thought was daddy just gave him a bath, but when I went to love on him I almost instantly started to sweat upon contact. AWESOME...so for an addition 4 days we turned our heads to the ACTUALLY sick C.

Today although was a one fever...one round of Tylenol kind of day! We are about done with this junk! In saying that I blame that for not being efficient with my dining table progress. O well, all will be done tomorrow! I can not wait.

Now we just need to make a decision on chairs and paint colors. Because we live in a condo we will not be painting the walls. We will be painting the sideboard and the metal Ikea rack the kitchen. I'm sticking with a sunflower yellow, teal(ish), white and persimmon.

Anyways, just wanted to make an update on my progress and the boys. If anyone has any pointers on my final step (polycrylic application over black flat paint) PLEASE leave me your two sense!

I will have the final dining table (minus chairs) tomorrow! YAH!

PS. On August 8, MIddletown had a special levy day. It was to decide on fire and police cuts or adding on fire/medics. Jordan has this new job in the bag and all he needed was for this levy to pass. God has answered our prayers!!! We will not believe it till we see it, but we know God has BIG...HUGE plans. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment