Thursday, January 10, 2013

Time for a change...

My husband and I have been doing a lot of praying. In general we pray...but this time it was more specific to our current living situation. We in all made a decision for me to go optional at my current job! The Lord is so powerful.
I love the influence he is having on my life. I truly believe in the power of prayer. I believe In the power of if you truly do good things, good things will happen.
And I believe this: anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person; the past is forgotten and everything is new. -Corinthians 5:17
I have been praying for this for years. Years of emotional pain no one should ever have to go through. Watching a family member slowly run through the ranks of drugs is tiring. It's terrifying. It makes you begin to pray not for deliverance from evil an to be healed and have family dinners with that person. It makes you pray that when he dies...he would die in someone-anyone's arms. Never alone. I prayed that I would be able to help raise his daughter no matter what. It is hard to say this with out holding my breath but my little 25 year old little brother is SOBER. Not just 3 months sober because he got in trouble. He is 9 months sober as of January 9, 2013. 5 days after my birthday. One more year with him in my life that I never thought I would get with him.
We celebrated Christmas together and we went shopping together. I haven't spent quality time with him since early high school.
I know that he is human and could easily (theoretically) relapse. But a good friend of mine that I really look up to when it comes to my walk with Christ told me not to fear anymore because Gods got it! This normally should be an obvious belief, but when she said those words to me an instant level of ease came over me. I know that gods got it and no matter the outcome.

I am so excited to be staying at home more and really concentrating on organizing our home, utilizing our knowledge of the Dave Ramsey budget system etc. please pray that this is the right decision for us.

Here are a few pictures of my little blessings.





















No comments:

Post a Comment